Most check lists about moving are for moving out and it would be nice if everyone did every item on the list, but that is not reality. Often times, previous tenants or owners will leave a house or apartment just “broom clean”. If you are anything like me, you won’t be able to sleep in a new place until it has your level of clean is enforced throughout the residence. Ultimate carpet cleaning has come up with a list of things to do to put your mark of clean on your new home.
The Kitchen Cupboards
- Wipe down all the cupboards with your choice of cleaner. Some people prefer bleach while other prefer vinegar. Whichever you choose, wiping down all the surfaces, as well as the drawers will give your kitchen a fresh start.
- I love the feeling of walking over a carpet that has been freshly cleaned.
- Especially if the previous residents had any animals, cleaning the carpets is a great idea.
- Not only will your animals feel more at home, but if you have any allergies, cleaning the carpets will help get rid of animal hair and dander.
- Many people just wipe down the oven when they move out.
- I always clean it to be as clean as I can possibly get it, then I get an inexpensive aluminum drip pan and put it under the bottom coil so that future cleaning is easy.
- You should absolutely clean all bathroom fixtures myself when you move into a new place.
- The nature of bathroom fixtures such as toilets, tubs, showers and sinks easily disguise germs, so it’s a good thing to wipe it all down before you use it to be sure that you are not exposing yourself to things you don’t even want to think about.
Call Ultimate Carpet Cleaning when you are moving into a new place and we’ll help you get a fresh start!