Having a clean carpet gives a great first impression. When someone enters your home or business you want them to feel comfortable. What you don’t want them to do is notice your carpet with dirty traffic areas or pet stains. This is especially important if you are trying to rent or sell a residence. If you are getting your home ready to put on the market, be sure to call Ultimate Carpet Cleaning to make the best impression possible. Here are some tips to help you get your home ready to put on the market.
Touch Up Paint
- If there are any chips on corners or stains on the walls, touch them up. If the touch-up spots end up showing up too much, you may have to do the whole section of the wall.
- Box up everything that is not absolutely essential.
- Empty bookshelves, leaving just a few well-chosen decorative items.
- Pack up dust-collecting knick-knacks. This will clear up the room visually and make it easier to dust for showings and open houses.
- Put away all family photos and personal items. You want people to be able to envision themselves in the home, not get stuck on your personal items.
- Put extra furniture in storage. Place now-empty bookshelves and smaller tables, etc. into storage so the rooms look large.
Brighten It Up
- Change dim light bulbs with brighter wattage. Use CFL light bulbs and you can keep your energy bills in check.
When you are getting your house ready to put on the market, be sure to have your carpets cleaned by the best carpet cleaners in Saskatoon, Ultimate Carpet Cleaners. Call today for an appointment.