When you are looking for Saskatoon’s number one carpet cleaner, look to Ultimate Carpet Cleaning. In this blog series, we are going to cover what to do when you have water damage in your home. There are so many ways a carpet can sustain water damage. A faulty hose on a washing machine ruptured line in a dishwasher, or a leaky toilet that goes unnoticed, are just a few of the ways your carpet can get soaked. Here are some steps to take when this happens to you.
- Find the source of the water and ensure that no more water is leaking. If you have a manifold system, shut off the water there, if you don’t, either turn it off at the source or shut off the water main.
- Turn off electricity to the area of the house affected by the water damage if there are any floor outlets.
- Once the electricity has been shut off, remove any electronics you can from the area.
- Call your insurance company or agent. Depending on the source of the water, you may have a valid claim.
- Call Ultimate Carpet Cleaning to get the process of drying your carpet initiated.
We are out of space already, and we haven’t even gotten to the carpet! Check our next blog in this series to learn more.
We are a full-service carpet cleaning company, serving residential and commercial customers. We do carpet cleaning, hard surface and tile cleaning and work hard to keep the carpets of local businesses looking great for a great first impression for customers.